Apply for this job now
Accounts Payable Specialist - Division Order
- Job Type
- 21 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Responsible for the accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This includes setting up new accounts, maintaining banking information and tax identification numbers, along with maintaining compliance pertaining to government entities. The ideal candidate will work alongside the Division Order Manager for unclaimed property compliance and reporting for the company.
• Create and assign new owner accounts in computer system.
• Enter bank account information supplied by owners, as well as scanning and indexing in data repository.
• Alternate owner relations portal responsibilities with Division Order Specialist.
• Unclaimed property compliance review and report creation and submission for all business units.
• Bank reconciliation file upload and reconciliation for crude account.
• Analysis of crude ticket payment errors and recovery of funds from owners.
• IRS TIN matching file creation and resolve discrepancies with tax identification numbers and issue W9's as needed.
• Crude ticket and owner payment corrections that involve ticket reversals and analyzation of payment errors and recoup.
• Data analytics for metric reporting and analysis.
• Operator Expense Deduction Program contract and monthly entering of data.
• Create and upload bank files for positive pay, ACH and voids.
• Annual tax statement creation for 1099 misc, 1042, 942 and passing to mailroom for printing along with electronic submission to IRS and reconciliation.
• Corrected 1099's by direction of Manager or Team Lead.
• CP2100 review and reconciliation for Schedule B Notices annually.
• Substitute for Division Order Specialist when needed.
• Communicate with accounting department pertaining to general ledger and cash obligations along with cash forecasting.
• Special project leader as needed.
• Assist Division Order staff in problem resolution as needed or in Division Order Manager's absence.
• Review routine suspense accounts and attempt to locate owners to claim in order to reduce liability to states for unclaimed property.
• Audit requests both internal and external.
• Create stale dated check report in computer system and pass to Specialist to void.
• Postage account funding requests for crude payments and annual mailings.
• Monthly/quarterly suspense report creation to crude oil suppliers and email.
• Must be able to accommodate minimum travel requirements to attend training seminars or conferences (10% of the time).
• Accept any other duties as directed by Division Order Manager.
• High school diploma required. Associate level degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2+ years' solid experience in accounts payable is required. Basic Unclaimed Property reporting experience preferred not required.
• Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task in fast pace environment.
• Basic accounting principles and general math skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Platform, advanced Excel skills and Power BI.
• Ability to utilize multiple software programs.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently in a team-based environment.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with owners/producers and in oil and gas sector along with internal employees within organization.
• Must be able to work in confidential environment in all aspects of job.
- Job Reference: 717274743-2
- Date Posted: 21 September 2022
- Recruiter: Countrymark Refining and Logistics
- Location: Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent